Thursday, September 9, 2010

Put on the big girl panties--I'm a big girl now.

Well, transfers went pretty well. I think it's pretty safe to say I am no longer a greenie since I suddenly find myself senior companion. Yup. You read that right. Sister Debenham, the one who was is the MTC with me, is my new companion. So we are greenie-breaking each other and I have been made senior companion. What the heck!? I feel the need to remind you that this is my second transfer! It's scary, definitely. I was hoping for a companion who would have a lot of experience because I still have a lot of training that needs to happen, but now that's not going to happen. Everyone is SHOCKED about this. Really. Jaws drop when missionaries and members learn that we are together after only 6 weeks on the mission. Heavenly Father has quite a sense of humor apparently. I can't lie, I've never had anxiety before, but I feel my anxiety level through the roof some days. I'm a bit overwhelmed with this amazing responsibility, but this is testing my patience, diligence and most of all faith. I have to believe that President believes that I can do this, and more importantly that the Lord believes I can do this. There is a reason and I just need to find out what that is. This transfer is going to be quite the growth opportunity, no matter what happens. I just hope I don't crash and burn. I'm not sure I've ever prayed so much in my life haha.

On the missionary front, our schedule has changed so now we are only at Kirtland on Mondays and Fridays and the rest of the days are in our area. There's definitely good and bad things about that. But right now we are in finding mode in the area because it's struggling so much.

Okay, on the happy side of the email, I have something CRAZY to tell you. You may have already heard this, I'm not sure, but I'm going to tell you anyway. I was driving home from church Sunday when Sister Park called us from sites. Sister Debenham answered and when Sister Park asked to speak specifically to me, I pulled over to talk. We are getting a new visa waiter today, just like Sister Reed who was waiting for her visa to go to Spain. APRIL MCMURRAY IS COMING TO KIRTLAND!!!!! I know I put that in bold, so you probably read that first, but isn't that crazy?!?!?!? I have three best friends and one of them is coming on her mission to serve in my mission!!!! I'm so excited I'm bouncing off the walls. It's the pick-me-up I need. She gets here today, but I won't see her until Friday when we are at sites. The funny thing is, when I heard about Sister Reed, I wrote April and told her that I think she should come to Kirtland too haha. Man, I rock. just kidding. It's crazy though. Everyone is talking about it and is really so excited. I have no idea how long she'll be here for, but Sis. Reed was here for 2 months. I'd be okay with that ha. I hope you didn't find out from anyone else. If you did, that's okay, but I only found out on Sunday. I don't know when they assigned her to Kirtland, but it was probably a while ago. I hope she's excited too. This is definitely not a coincidence.

I hope things are going well. I'm sure you're all real busy with school, work, and such so know that I am thinking about you. Love you all so much. Miss you.

Sister Maughan

No comments:

Post a Comment