It's been quite a week. Last Thursday, Sister Debenham and I stopped by an investigator and when she opened the door we were all excited to see her and all smiley and such and right when we did that she said "girls, this is enough, you can't come by anymore". oh sad day. It's always sad to get dropped, but then right when Sister Debenham was backing the car up, from Jeanne's driveway the phone rang and it was David (our main investigator) saying he wanted a break from meeting with us! Gah! He said he had been feeling weird and having confusing feelings since he started meeting with us more and more. We ended up talking to him for an hour in front of Jeanne's house. He said he recognized that these feelings were not of God, and we tried to explain what that meant to him. He agreed, said he would pray about it and then we met with him the next day at the Calandra's home. It was an amazing lesson. He really started to put some things together, primarily the need for a restoration of priesthood authority and baptism by proper authority. We committed him to be baptized on October 30, but he said he wanted to pray about it, but then if he felt that there was a time when the authority was not on the earth, he would 'absolutely definitely be baptized by that proper authority'. Holy cow. It was awesome. and then his entire family came to church on Sunday! There's something satisfying about having a family at church. Church was absolutely awesome too. How interesting RS/priesthood was on baptism... ;) Overall though, David is really progressing (even standing up for the church to his pastor and to his family) and his wife is kind of resistant. It's sad, but the time will come. She definitely loves us though! Yesterday we spent a few hours working on their windows getting ready for winter and she made us hot chocolate, went to the store and bought us super gourmet chocolates and fudge and then put these absolutely amazing gourmet chocolate covered rice crispies in our car. It's days like that when I worry how to prevent gaining weight! :) But it's fantastic to see how serving someone softens hearts. David and his wife were both really touched by our hard work, and Sister D and I loved to do it. PLUS, I split my knuckles open on glass (it wasn't my fault!) and have a cool battle wound. Those are always the best :)
I think I've been doing more singing on my mission than I have ever done before in my life. Besides doing our arrangement of How Great Thou Art all the time, we've also sung at the Kirtland Temple (which I mentioned last week) at firesides, and now Sister Debenham and I have been asked to perform in the Messiah. We had to get permission from President, but he gave it because it is an amazing community opportunity to get out there. Plus there are members, 2 investigators, and 3 referrals that are in the choir. This is a good opportunity and we're excited to do it! Unfortunately, the performances are not until the Dec 3-4, and that's next transfer. Everyone thinks I'm leaving Chardon this transfer and I hope that's not true, because that would make me so sad to leave! But if I stayed here one more transfer, that would be 6 months in one area. Doesn't mean I'm not going to start praying now to stay.
Well, that's about it in the life of Sister Maughan. Things are going well though. I'm so happy. I can't wait to get that christmas card, it looks fabulous! Mom, thanks for the CD! It's nice to have some more choices haha. Craig--HOLY COW! You look so grown up! When I saw the picture of you without your braces my jaw literally dropped! Looking good, bud! Not that the rest of you don't haha.
I think I've been doing more singing on my mission than I have ever done before in my life. Besides doing our arrangement of How Great Thou Art all the time, we've also sung at the Kirtland Temple (which I mentioned last week) at firesides, and now Sister Debenham and I have been asked to perform in the Messiah. We had to get permission from President, but he gave it because it is an amazing community opportunity to get out there. Plus there are members, 2 investigators, and 3 referrals that are in the choir. This is a good opportunity and we're excited to do it! Unfortunately, the performances are not until the Dec 3-4, and that's next transfer. Everyone thinks I'm leaving Chardon this transfer and I hope that's not true, because that would make me so sad to leave! But if I stayed here one more transfer, that would be 6 months in one area. Doesn't mean I'm not going to start praying now to stay.
Well, that's about it in the life of Sister Maughan. Things are going well though. I'm so happy. I can't wait to get that christmas card, it looks fabulous! Mom, thanks for the CD! It's nice to have some more choices haha. Craig--HOLY COW! You look so grown up! When I saw the picture of you without your braces my jaw literally dropped! Looking good, bud! Not that the rest of you don't haha.
Love you all so much!
Sister Maughan
p.s. Sister Debenham and I need to figure out what we are going to be for Halloween. Any BOM, Bible, or D&C character (although I'm sure Pearl of Great Price is allowed too haha). I need suggestions! We thought about being Samuel the Lamanite and the wall, but any suggestion would be awesome :)
No comments:
Post a Comment