Monday, October 31, 2011

Wanted: hairdresser who speaks English!!

Hello family!

Happy Halloween! Although I must admit I keep forgetting that it is Halloween. To me, it just seems like another day, I am not festive at all. In fact, I'm wearing a red skirt and a white shirt with a black cardigan, so that doesn't make anyone think of Halloween, haha. It's never been my favorite holiday anyway.

Our p-day has been switched back to Monday! I have to admit, I am going to miss having Wednesday p-days, those were so nice in the middle of the week, but I have no doubt my companion is grateful that there was only 5 days before her first pday, as opposed to 8, haha. My greenie's name is Sister D and she is from West Jordan, Utah. She's sweet, and I really like her. It's a big adjustment coming into the mission field, and it's especially big when you know that you have only 6 weeks before you have to take over the area, but I'm trying to help her adjust as easily as possible. It just takes some time, but it will just get easier and easier. That's the plan anyway.

We did lots of tracting this past week, and trying to introduce Sister D to members of the ward. We just jump right into missionary work in Mayfield! haha. And to make things even more fun, we both gave 15 minute talks in church yesterday and she had to give a 15 minute workshop this morning in District Meeting! haha. Oh boy. But this is a fantastic mission--truly the best ;) -- and so from what I can tell, she is loving it. 

Hm... I'm trying really hard to remember what else happened this week that I can report on...Oh! Before I forget, my schedule at Kirtland changed: Now we are there Tuesday mornings, and all day Thursday and Saturday. So nothing too different, just a switch from Monday to Thursday. Also, thanks for the treats from Fo' Castle Farms!! It was so nice to get some nice treats from home! They were yummy! From what the Messegee's told me last night at dinner, it sounds like they had a WONDERFUL time with the family. Not that I am surprise at all. I have to admit I was a bit jealous that I could not be there with my family and my second family! It's okay though. That reunion will happen again sometime soon. It was crazy to see pictures that they took in the house. This was my thought process: "oh look at cute little Elaine!!....playing with the doll I got in Ghana.......in my bedroom....on my bed....?"  Weirddddd. I'm glad that you all had a wonderful time too! 

Well, I can't really think of much else to tell you, and I'm sorry to say that I forgot my camera today, so no pictures this week. Which may not be a bad thing considering my new hair cut. NEVER get a hair cut from someone who does not speak English, thinks that they are supposed to give you a facial, cuts off 4-6 inches when you wanted 2, and gives you an IDENTICAL haircut to their own crazy style. And absolutely don't let that happen 6 weeks before you go home from your mission. Not that I am speaking from experience.... haha. (I must admit, I don't know whether to laugh hysterically or cry hahaha) 

Love you all! 

Buckets of Love,
Sister Maughan

No comments:

Post a Comment